Matt and Nick go deep into Ed Donatell’s defense, discussing the schematics as well as the philosphy.
* Thoughts on the position coaches on defense.
* Donatell/Fangio defensive strengths and weaknesses
* 4-3 vs 3-4 – does it matter? How do the current players fit
* Defensive fronts out of Base personnel (3-4), heavy formations (6-1), and Sub (4-2)
* How run fits work in the Fangio tree defense
* Cover 1 most common — but it doesn’t work without corners
* Differences between Fangio and Zimmer/Saban match coverages
* 2 High shell usage and its relevance in the modern NFL
* Cover 6 – Fangio/Donatell specialty
* What is Cover 8 and why is it effective?
* Cover 3 and Cover 9 – how are those used?
* Blitz overview – Fire Zone and Sim Pressures
* Joker/X-Backer — the role for Danielle Hunter?
* A little bit on Kwesi Adofo-Mensah’s Combine press conference.